When a researcher submits a submission, its status will always be “New.” After you review the submission and determine its validity, you can change the submission status to one that reflects its state more accurately.
There are three categories of statuses: open, accepted, and rejected. Within each category are the following statuses:
- New: A submission that has not been reviewed or assigned a status.
- Triaged: A submission that has been confirmed valid and unique by the Bugcrowd ASE team and is ready for the customer to accept.
- Unresolved: A valid submission that needs to be fixed. Typically, you should reward a submission at this point in the process.
- Resolved: A valid submission that has been fixed.
- Informational: A submission that is reproducible but will not be fixed. Use this if the submission is a best practice issue but will not be fixed, a minor priority issue, or if you already have a mitigation.
- Out of Scope: A submission you reject because it is not in scope with the criteria outlined in the bounty program.
- Not Reproducible: A submission you reject because you cannot reproduce it based on the information you have.
- Not Applicable: A submission that you reject because it does not apply to your application.
Changing Submission Status
To change a submission’s status, go to the Submissions Page and select the submission you want to update.
Click on the status dropdown to view a list of available statuses.
Select the status you want to assign to the submission.
Duplicate Issues: If you mark a submission as a duplicate, you must specify the submission that it duplicates. It can be a duplicate of a submission you have received as part of your bug bounty program or a duplicate of an issue tracked outside of Bugcrowd. The original can be any end state (such as resolved, unresolved, or informational) and the duplicate will inherit this state when flagged as duplicate.
When you hover on a submission state, it shows the description and the points that a researcher can earn.
Note: For VDP programs, the text related to points at the bottom of the tool tip will not be displayed.